Sunday, September 7, 2008

Trip down memory lane

We had a great weekend, we started out by going out on a date Friday night to Red Lobster, my mom watched Audrey and had a great time. Sat. my mom and I went to many garage sales and found some cute winter clothes for Audrey. We even met a lady who's daughter Gabrielle will be in Audrey's room at daycare:) I realized the weather was perfect so Brent and I decided to take Audrey to the Como Zoo for the afternoon. It was great, we took a drive down Snelling Ave. in St. Paul past the funeral home I used to live in while going to school at the U of M. Oh how i hated that apt. Then we made our way to Roseville after the zoo and drove past my next funeral home apt. and went to Don Pablos for supper. It was great to check out the neighborhoods I used to live in and see what has changed in 6 years and spend time with our little family.

I also went on my first run on Thursday night, it was great, much better than I thought it would be since I have not been on a run since last October.

Wish me luck on my first day back to work tomorrow!




The baby orangatan (not sure at all how to spell that) at the zoo, so cute.


Check out the ginormous lily pads at the zoo.


Audrey's cute owl shirt!


3 comments:

Christine and Curt said...

What a fun weekend you guys! Shanna, your work has given you many diverse experiences! cool. best wishes on a big day tomorrow. audrey, love your shirt.

Carolyn said...

I'm glad you were able to find some time for just the two of you, and then for the three of you!! Good luck with your run! I went running last night, and let's see, I peed before I left the house, peed when I got to the gym, peed after my run, peed after I showered and got dressed, and peed once more at the grocery store. . . enjoy your bladder!

Nicole said...

orangutan is actually correct. stupid huh? i had to do a report on them in fifth grade and kept calling them or-an-goo-tans. because of the spelling. Teach thought I was a moron.