Saturday, January 30, 2010

18 Months


Audrey had her 18 month check up this week and she is of course still in the 99 percentile for height and weight, but now her head joins the 99th percentile too, her brains are expanding. Her head has always been in the 80th. Dr. Williams said he has no idea where she gets her height from:)


I can't beleive Audrey is 18 months old, I was just looking back at photos from our summer vacation in August and she looks like a baby then, she really is not a baby anymore. She is talking so much it's crazy, something new every day. When we eat breakfast she constantly looks in our bowl of cereal and says, "All gone", and repeats it over and over. She always says "go" when it's time to leave and says "wuv u" at bedtime. She has started saying water today and I totally did not understand, it takes a while to catch on to what she is saying, but once I figure it out it makes it easier for both of us.


Tantrums come and go, they usually don't last too long, but it doesn't take much to trigger one. Usually they happen when she is getting tired. Today I took her to the mall to play in the play area and she refused to leave her snacks in the stroller while playing, so we had to leave and that caused a bit of a scene, but I packed her up and off we went.


Brent and I always used to say, we can't wait until she can talk and laugh, I wonder what she would sound like. She has the cutest little voice and her laugh is so contagious. We love every minute we get to spend with this little lady. Tonight we put her to bed and she sat up in her crib and I said see you in the morning, she just sat there and laughed:)


No more shots until she is ready for kindergarten, except for the yearly flu shot.


4 comments:

Mindy said...

oh my gosh, I hadn't realized Natalie was done with vaccinations until 5 years old! She Hepititis A at 2, but then nothing is on the schedule until age 5, yay! Except for the flu shot, like you said.

We need some video of Audrey talking, I love little kiddo voices and words!

Josh & Carolyn said...

"Allo". Hehe.

kborn said...

Too much fun. 18 months seems like ages ago..and it was only 8 months ago! What the heck!? Mike and I were in disbelief that it was only ONE YEAR ago the Quinn started walking!!!

Christine and Curt said...

Audrey has always had the sweetest little voice. It is weird to say that she is no longer a baby. I really saw that when you guys came up and little Seb was next to her.