Sunday, September 26, 2010

Potty Training 101

Dare I say that I miss diapers? Wow, I didn't realize how easy it was when Audrey wore diapers all the time. I know potty training is exactly what is says, training. Audrey does so well, but lately has been wanting to go potty seriously like every 15-20 minutes, which her daycare teachers have said may mean she is trying to figure out the pooping on the potty thing. We went out to eat the other night with Heidi and Lucy and we went to the bathroom four times. Basically our entire day is spent at home going to the bathroom, ha. It seems every time we head out to the park these days she decides to poop her pants at the park, makes for an uncomfortable ride home. I finally brought extra pants and underwear with us last night and of course it came in handy, you thought it was hard changing a dirty diaper at the park, how about dirty underwear and pants. Not fun. I totally miss the easy diaper days, but I know things will get better. I am glad we invested in the special couch cleaner when we purchased our couch a few years ago. It has come in handy twice in the last couple weeks.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

There were a few weeks when I missed diapers, too. Hang in there, she'll get it!

Heidi said...

Ha, we invested in the couch cleaner too, nice job! She'll get there!!

Josh & Carolyn said...

Ew, poopy pants and underwear! Can't wait! Maybe those clear plastic couch covers can be "in" again!

Christine Wood said...

Audrey is really doing so well though. you'll have to see what the daycare people say when she's with them.

Mindy said...

Hey-Carolyn's comment made me think about plastic pants...do you know what I'm talking about? I think they were offially for cloth diapers, but you can have her wear them over her underwear for awhile, too.