Sunday, October 21, 2007

Curt becomes a man

This is Brent posting for the first time-a posting virgin (Do you really think Shanna would have started with a headline like that):


Curt’s Bach Party

Saturday, I (Brent) spent the day and evening out for Curt’s bachelor party. Following are the events of the day (note that these events are in no way embellished upon as told by Brent)
-1:50 pm – Trent and myself stop by Chaska Wine and Spirits and ask the gentleman behind the counter for 2 cases of his finest spirits.

- 2 pm – We arrive at Curt’s and prepare for golf.

- 2: 40 pm – We arrive at the Chaska par 30 course. This is actually about 4 blocks from Curt’s place but due to some road construction and poor navigational skills we drove about 10 miles to get there.

- 3 pm – split into two 3 man teams for the golf tournament. Team Blue was made up of Curt, Nate, and me while Team Long Balls consisted of Trent, Dad (Doug), and Rob. The Long Balls ended up winning by one stroke thanks in large part to an amazing 284 yard drive by non other then Trent (Big Drive) Weingartz.

- 5:30 pm – After a quick stop at Curt’s we were off to downtown Minneapolis for dinner and entertainment. We started off at the Rock Bottom Brewery for dinner.

- 6:02 pm – Nate (Foot in Mouth) Kachelmyer told us a story which involved him receiving the evil eye from a woman in an air port coffee shop line. This story should be sold to any one of the comics at ACME. They were in need of some new material.

- 8 pm – After a delicious dinner and a taste of what the brewery had to offer for brew we headed over to Game Works. Joe (Ice Man) Tischler left everyone in the dust in the NASCAR game. I was a force to be reckoned with in G Ball (Skeet ball). We were able to collect enough tickets to purchase Curt a beautiful princess tiara.

10 pm – Everyone headed over to the ACME comedy club for the 10:30 show. I am quite sure that we had several of our own crew that could have outperformed the comedians.

10:25 pm – Doug (Best Bun’s) Wood takes first prize in a butt competition put on by the bachelorette party sitting in front of us at the club. He can be seen competing in the Best of the U.S. competition later this year. I pulled out the victory in the sexiest pose competition with the Zoolander “blue steel” pose. The ladies were in need of many cold beverages to cool down after this heavy dose of the Wood men’s sexiness. We were lucky to make it out in one piece.

1:30 am – Trent, Curt, and I take Josh (Parked in a Rough Neighborhood) Wieland to his vehicle. There was a lot of great people watching on this short yet entertaining trek through downtown Minneapolis.

This was certainly a great bach party I must say. I know that I had a great time and sure hope that everyone else did also. Congratulations Curt, you are now a man. Now go put on your princess tiara.

Thanks for coming everyone. Trent sorry you didn’t get to utilize your change of pants:)

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I think I'd like to hear some more stories of this evening. Sounds like a blast! Great first post, Brent!

Curt Wood said...

Oh.... I named our team "Wood's you care for a Kach?" We definitely ensured excellent job security for the groundskeeper at the par 30 course. I know I had at least 2 shots where the hunk of earth went farther than my ball.

6:25... I almost get shut out from having a beer at my bacherlor party after I forget my "yellow renewal papers", but luckily dad had some 'words' with the manager and convinced him I was his "20 or 30 something" year old son born in "ummm.... the seventies????" Nice:)

Thanks to everyone! It was awesome!

Doug and Bev said...

I laughed way more reading your blog than I did at all three of the people on stage.But maybe I was just laughed out after the golf outing.Come on Curt give me a break I was under a lot of pressure there, hey I did come up with your name pretty fast.

Christine and Curt said...

sounds like a fun night of manliness....adult beverages, golfing, a hearty meal, arcade games, stories, and comedy.

brent, hope you were able to get some decent rest on sunday!!!!

Doug and Bev said...

In looking at your blog archive, "Curt becomes a man" followed by "babies, babies, babies" definitely catches your eye.