Saturday, February 16, 2008

Things I miss.......

We went out to dinner tonight with Marcy and Trent and Marcy was asking me if I miss certain things since becoming pregnant. Hmmmmm, I thought about it and of course just last night I hung out at home while Brent was out snowboarding, something we both started doing last year. Now he is going to be a year more advanced than me by the time I get to hop on my board again, ha. He has already been out three times this season. I wonder really how much boarding I will be doing next year? I didn't get to go snowtubing with my Women of Today group for our Christmas party either. I was so ready to head out on the hills until so many people were worried about me, so I backed out. One thing I thought of that is so weird is that all the new clothes in the store that are coming out for spring I haven't even looked at yet, at this time of year I was always shopping and checking out the latest clothes. I dont really get excited about shopping for maternity clothes for spring. I hate spending money on clothes that I will only wear for the next 5 months.

I miss some things, but their are tons more things that I am so excited about that I didn't get to even think about before, such as: telling all of our family and friends we were having a baby, what color to paint a nursery, what my little boy or girls name will be, walking on the trail by our house with a baby in a stroller, watching Brent be a dad, seeing our cats with a baby in the house, what crazy names our parents will be called (papa, nana), who our baby will look like.

I started feeling the baby move recently and it's incredibly exciting, it's very random and not very consistant, but it's so exciting every time it happens. I can't wait until it's even bigger and Brent will be able to feel it move too.

So, their are things I miss, but it's all worth it for the things I get in return.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

awww, I got the chills reading this post! I am so excited so walk our babies in strollers together this summer! The one thing I missed while pregnant was cider beer but I just had my first one last night...guess I didn't miss it as much as a thought :)

marcyw said...

Awww, didn't mean to bum you out even for a minute! As I read the first half of the post I thought of "yeah but when the baby comes... it will all be so great!" but you got to that in the second part of the post! You have the best preggie attitude ever! You're like super-mom already!

Mindy said...

Yeah, you're right, it's all worth it for the things in return. :) You have such a great attitude about everything!!

Christine and Curt said...

The anticipation is so exciting. Baby wood will be here before we know it. We are all so excited for you and Brent. Speaking of strollers...did you pick one out yet? They have some cool ones out there....

Carolyn said...

It seems like the gift of having a baby wayyyy outweighs anything you would 'miss' during your 9 months! Yes I agree, you do have a wonderful attitude about your pregnancy and Baby Wood is sure lucky!