Tuesday, April 29, 2008

30 Weeks-labor plan

In childbirth class last night we practiced the birth ball techniques. During labor you are supposed to move around and try out different positions to find what is comfortable and the birth ball is supposed to help especially if you have back pain. I sat on it last night and my back immediately felt better. I have been having some back pain in the last week. I am thinking this might be something that I try out. I have also decided and mabye a lot of people go into labor thinking this, but I am going to try really hard to have the baby without medication. I know I can say now that I feel like I have a high pain tolerance, but who knows when it comes to this. I cannot use the birth ball if I have an epidural because they won't let you walk around, so hopefully this ball is the answer, ha.


4 comments:

Mindy said...

Do you have an excercise ball at home? You could take it to replace your chair at work for awhile, maybe that would make your back feel better.
They also told us that it was good to sit on the ball while holding your baby-a soothing motion for them. I never tried it, I felt like it'd be too unstable and we'd both tumble to the floor!

Shanna said...

I do have an excercise ball.

That seems incredibly unstable, they made Brent hold the ball just while I sat down on it. It's funny you mention bringing it to work, the whole time the instructor was sitting on the ball demonstrating it I was imagining me sitting at my desk at work on the ball and everyone laughing.

Mindy said...

It really would be funny to use it at work. Might be worth it to see your co-workers reactions!! A 2nd grade classroom at our school uses them instead of seats at their desks. I always picture 22 balls rolling all over the room!!

Laurie said...

I thought you worked with dead people. How hard do they laugh?! :)