Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Whoa, double digits!

I just realized that I only have 91 days until my due date, it's in the double digits. Three months from today is my due date. I am 27 weeks today:) The baby on average is around 2 lbs now, so it's lungs are developed enough that if the baby was born early it would most likely be okay. The baby can open its eyes now and has developed some sort of sleep/awake pattern. I should be able to notice anytime if the baby gets the hiccups, which I have heard is pretty cool.

I on the other hand just keep getting bigger and bigger. I was just saying the other night how I don't beleive my stomach can stretch anymore and I have three more months to go, ha. Work is getting harder and harder, the physical part anyway. I am only going to be on call for the rest of April and then I will be done with that. So far all of my coworkers have been awesome when it comes to the heavy lifting, they always step in and don't allow me to do anything I don't have to. But when I am on call and by myself I have no choice. If it was a real concern of mine, I could stop being on call now, but my goal is to make it until the end of the month.

We start our childbirth classes in a couple weeks, 4 Monday nights from 7-9. Should be exciting.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Ooooh, I practically threw a party when I got to double digits! How exciting!! Your third tri will fly by and I think it's the most fun. Yes, you get huge, but feeling that little baby inside of you?! It's the one part of pregnancy that I miss!

Laurie said...

Your tummy may be getting huge (as it should be to accommodate that big baby in Brent's dream!) but you look great in your 6 month picture!