Saturday, December 19, 2009

O Christmas Tree!

Our Christmas tree ornaments have a lot of history and a lot of stories behind them. We have no theme to our tree at all, it's just a bunch of ornaments we have collected over the years. I thought it would be fun to blog about them.


Audrey loves checking out the ornaments.

This is a cheap ornament from back in my college days when I lived in the funeral home in Roseville. My roommate and I bought all our ornaments at the dollar store:)


This is our tree this year with a brand new tree skirt. It's fun to get something new every year for the tree.



This is one of Brent's ornaments from when he was younger.



My aunt makes a new ornament every year, this is a Santa made out of an acorn.




Heidi made these for me the year we were married with petals from my wedding flowers.





This is one of the ornaments I got from my grandma's collection, she gave me all of her decorations.














4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Cool post! I love the ornament Heidi gave you with the flowers. . . so clever!

Christine and Curt said...

Shanna, what a cool post. I love that there is already a lot of history to your ornaments.

Heidi said...

What a cool post - I might copy you!

Mindy said...

FUN post! I agree with Heidi, I may need to copy you :) I love the ornament from Heidi--she is so creative!

we don't do a themed tree, either, it's too fun to pull out the ornaments and remember the memories each year.