Monday, March 8, 2010

Dirty

Before I had Audrey I used to think it was so disgusting when I saw kids that had dirty clothes, coats, yucky snotty noses that needed wiping, messy hair that looked uncombed. Why don't those parents take care of those kids! I always said, my kid will never have uncombed hair or dirty clothes, ha. I finally put Audrey's coat in the wash this weekend, it was absolutely gross, it's so hard to keep up with her dirty coat. I can wash it one day and the next they go outside at school and it's completey dirty again. Some days her nose is constantly running, it's also hard to keep up with. And the hair, she takes a bath at night because it's just easier for us, so when she wakes up , her hair can be a nightmare sometimes, but we comb it out the best we can and off we go to school, atleast it's clean right.

I think it's funny how I used to think these things and now I don't even think twice when I see little kids with dirty coats, messy hair and snotty noses:) Being a mom certainly changes the way I look at those things.

5 comments:

Claire said...

Yeah I was the same way as you before kids. Now I know that it's impossible to keep them clean and orderly all the time. Oh well. At least all the other moms will understand!

Christine Wood said...

it seems like it would be impossible to try to keep everything clean.

Curt Wood said...

I can't even keep myself clean all the time... let alone someone else.

Heidi said...

Ha, I love this, so incredibly true!

Mindy said...

So true. It's especially hard for me to keep natalie's hair looking good. with all of the curls it looks kind of messy all the time, unless it's just been wet down. And then in hat season? Ha! No chance :)

all the other moms definitely understand :)