Sunday, October 18, 2009

Beautiful Fall Weekend/Owl Sighting

We had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed the nice weather finally. Fall is one of my favorite times of year, but this fall has not been the best. Yesterday Audrey and I did a little shopping and both got cute new sweaters for our photo shoot yesterday afternoon at Bluff Park in North Mankato. We wanted some family pics since it's been since Audrey was 6 months old. I wanted some nice fall pictures and this weekend was perfect!

Saturday night Brent and I enjoyed a date night and we saw Couples Retreat and then went out for dessert. Today we had some of Brent's coworkers over for the Viking's game and then we hung out outside the rest of the afternoon.

Right when the Vikings were almost going to lose I was looking out the window and spotted an owl in our tree. I have never in my life seen an owl just hanging out in the tree, maybe I have seen one at the zoo or something, but this was amazing to me. I tried to get the best picture I could until it flew away, which was incredible to watch also. Click on the picture and you can check it out up close, so cool!





5 comments:

Emily B said...

Beautiful picture! Maybe he wanted to know if the Vikings were going to win...

Mindy said...

Can't wait to see the family pictures!

Owls are cool, but also creep me out in a way. I guess it could be that fear of birds thing, huh? hehe.

Carolyn said...

Wow, that is a cool owl!

The weather was nice this weekend, glad you could enjoy it!

Bonni said...

That owl is so cool!

Heidi said...

Super cool - you guys have a great backyard!