Friday, April 30, 2010

Long week

It's been a long week at our house. Audrey has hit the tantrum stage, good times. Almost every night something really sets her off and she goes into a full blown tantrum. I feel at times that it will never end, but it really doesn't last that long. It usually happens right after she gets home from daycare and I am working on getting supper ready. Uggghhh, it's definately the most frustrating thing for all of us. I have read up on this and it seems the best thing to do is let her just settle down on her own and let it all out. I have realized that she is at an age that she can understand time outs, I have put her in her room and closed the door and said she can come out when she is done crying. I leave her in there for a few minutes and it usually settles her down for the most part.

I am so ready for this to end. We have had some good times this week. Here is what else we have been doing for excitement, like watching dad mow the lawn (believe me, this is too much fun, ha) and pushing "Boo" around in her stroller.






This is some serious stuff, she just repeats over and over, "Daddy mowing, Daddy mowing!" She loves watching the neighbors mow also, cheap entertainment. I am guessing it won't last forever, ha.

We decided it was time to expose Boo to the outdoors, she had never taken her out until now. She acted so proud taking her out for a walk in the neighborhood.


4 comments:

marcyw said...

Sorry you're going through one of the tougher times! I'm not all for letting Cole watch too much tv, but sometimes a favorite show while dinner is made keeps everyone happy and peaceful!

Josh & Carolyn said...

Hang in there, I'm sure it's a quickly passing stage! See you tomorrow!

Heidi said...

Lucy is in a funk right now too...come on over. They can tantrum together and we'll have a glass of wine :)

Curt Wood said...

i love the monkey on audrey's t-shirt. hope this stage passes fast for you guys.