Thursday, October 21, 2010

Batesville, Indiana

I was in Batesville, Indiana for three days this week on a work trip. It was incredible, I had the best time. I went with other funeral directors, some from Minnesota, North Dakota and Iowa. I met some great people on my trip and we got to share work related stories and give each other ideas and advice. The purpose of our trip was to tour the headquarters of the Batesville Casket Company and learn the latest in caskets and cremation options and have a tour of the manufacturing plant where they make caskets from start to finish.

When we arrived in Indianapolis at the airport we were all picked up on a bus and taken to Jawacdah Farm, which is a farm owned by the company. It's like a little resort with incredible rooms and great food. We were so well taken care of while we were there, we had supper every night as a group and then relaxed at the bar near our rooms and played some pool. I learned a lot on this trip and was so glad I got to go. It's amazing each step that goes into making one casket.


The chocolate caskets that were left for us in our rooms.


This was the view from my balcony in my room. It was the best!


4 comments:

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mindy said...

It looks beautiful!! The chocolate casket is hilarious!!

Emily B. said...

Do you think the chocolate casket is a bit much?? Made me laugh!!

Carolyn said...

Haha, chocolate caskets!! Clever and creepy at the same time. Hey, you should have asked for some to give away for Halloween!