Sunday, November 28, 2010

Long Weekend

It was so nice to have had the last four days off of work. Thanksgiving was nice to spend time with my dad's family and get to see Brent's family also. We ate plenty of turkey. Friday morning I braved the mall with my mom at 5 a.m., I wasn't really set out to get anything specific, I just think it's fun! After shopping we went with Brent's parents to pick our their Christmas tree. We don't get a real tree since our cats have been known to knock the tree down, so it was great for Audrey to experience chopping down the tree, it was great for me too, since I don't remember doing that when I was younger. Friday night we enjoyed pizza with my parents.

Saturday we had the salsa party here and then got to head out to Meadowbrook Stables where my friend Bonnie boards her horse Rocky. Audrey was a little scared of the horse, but felt a little braver touching him after Lucy did. It was fun too see all of the horses and especially when Dolly the llama spit in Bonnie's face, it was classic.

Today we got the house all decked out for the holidays. It was great to see Audrey's face when she woke up from her nap and their was a tree in the living room all lit up. I saved the decorating for her to help when she got up, she absolutely had a blast. I will never forget when she saw the stocking hanging up and said, "What are those socks doing?" Brent and I enjoyed a date night tonight and had supper at the Olive Garden and then shopped at Home Depot for new outdoor lights, our dates are incredibly romantic.


Bonnie and Rocky, he is super cute, check out that tongue!



Lucy getting Bonnie's helmet on ready for her ride on Rocky.


Can you beleive this was Heidi and Lucy's first ever ride on a horse, so cool!



Audrey getting ready to box it out with Tina and Thor's stockings.





2 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We usually end up at Menard's on our dates...as romantic as you guys :)

Heidi said...

We head to Menards too, hilarious. Love the pic of Lucy and me on the horse, hah! I'm so pround of myself!