Sunday, July 19, 2009

2009 Heart of the Lakes Triathlon

Team Moonfish, third place relay team-Jillian, Josh, and Calvin


What a busy weekend we had and ended it with the Heart of the Lakes Triathlon in Annandale. In 2007 I did the short course triathlon on my own, but I am not in any shape to be attempting that as of now, so myself, Christine, and Carolyn decided to go relay style. Me the swimmer, Christine the biker, and Carolyn the runner. I had a good swim back in 2007 and that would be because I actually worked out on a regular basis and swam many laps at the YMCA pool. This year I swam all of about 4 times. I received an email from Curt on Friday saying he was letting me use a wetsuit and with the cool temperatures I was all over it. I have never worn a wetsuit in my life, but I was thrilled. I guess I should have tested the waters with the wetsuit prior to the race. It was an awful experience. I felt like I was being choked the whole time. Every time I would try to swim the crawl it was like someone had their hands around my neck, imagine that while swimming out in the middle of the lake. It was really kind of scary. No offense, but I never imagined Brent would beat me with a faster swim time. In 2007 I had a faster swim time by 3 minutes and today he beat me by over a minute and a half. wow, I blame the wetsuit.

We did have a blast though and it's all about being with people that you love, it was really a great day. Brent improved his time from last year by over 2 minutes, way to go babe!



Here is Team 3W's, I guess we were trying to show what our event was, do I really look like I am swimming?


I think this is when I was demonstrating what might happen if my suit fills up with water.


Brent is looking good heading into the run.



Christine and baby Kumquat coming in from the bike:)




Audrey really enjoyed her day outside at the lake, she is an outdorsy kind of girl, she had a blast. She really enjoyed meeting Callum for the first time.







5 comments:

Christine and Curt said...

Cool pictures!!! i look so dorky! That was a great way to hang out with family! Yes, we were talking about your wetsuit experience and just feel awful about it. i was expecting you to come out with Jillian, but was just relieved that you made it in!

Curt Wood said...

I love this race. It's the only time I get to see my wife in tight short shorts. (even if it's just pictures)

I feel really bad about the wetsuit. I think a smaller wetsuit would have made your swimming experience 100% more enjoyable. Next year!

Carolyn said...

Hey, we all had fun, so that's all that matters!! It was a wonderful day.

I still think Audrey, Callum, and Kumquat should be a relay some day. . .

Heidi said...

Looks like a great time! Wish I could have been there to see it - next year! Miss you! XOXO

Mindy said...

your swim experience sounds awful. Glad you made it through OK!