Sunday, August 2, 2009

Brent returns

We are so glad that Brent made it home and that his team got first place. It was a long race for him, he came home limping, sore left knee and fat right ankle. He twisted his right ankle three times during portaging for the canoe portion of the race. His muscles are so sore and tight. He had so many fun stories and I guess the plan is next year Chris, Kay, Brent and I will be doing the race. I guess that means today I best start running and biking more. We will do the shorter version of the race. I did mention that I hope they are not out to win because I am pretty sure by adding me to the team we would not be winning.

Yesterday Audrey spent the whole day with Grandpa and Grandma Wood and then we met up with them at the 2009 Asleson Family Pig Roast. It's always a great time with good food. Audrey chowed down on some mac and cheese, no pig. After walking around at the lake all day, Audrey has a serious blister on her foot. I am thinking no shoes for a couple days. I guess the rubber croc like shoes are not good for someone that is on the go now. I went out and bought her some tennis shoes today, so after a couple days of healing hopefully she can be sporting her new shoes.

When Brent gets some pictures from his trip on disc, he will blog about his adventures. For now we are glad he is home, we missed him a lot!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Welcome home!! congrats on 1st place!

Josh & Carolyn said...

Sounds like a very tiring and intense weekend for Brent! Good luck doing it next year Shanna!!

Poor little Audrey and her blistered feet!

Heidi said...

Nice job Brent!

Wait - is Audrey walking by herself now?!