Monday, June 27, 2011

Brainerd 2011

The week has come and gone, it's nice to be home again, but I really am not ready to go back to work tomorrow. We had a good time in Brainerd again this year with my parents. The weather could have been nicer, but the last couple days were really nice, so it made up for the two days prior that we were stuck indoors due to the rain. Days can get long with Audrey cooped up in a little cabin. We were thankful for the indoor pool at the resort on those days.

One rainy day we went into Baxter and hit up an indoor water park. Audrey was so brave this year going down waterslides all by herself and just loving it. We couldn't get enough of that smile on her face every single time she came down.

Us ladies went into Nisswa one day and did some serious shopping, although I didn't buy a thing except for chocalate at the Chocolate Ox, can't resist that. Brent started his marathon training while up in Brainerd and I ran with him for a couple of his 3 mile runs, it was great.

Our last day there was absolutely perfect weather, so we enjoyed it to the fullest. I am still suffering from being out in the sun too long:)

We returned from Brainerd just in time for the North Mankato Triathlon where Brent did an awesome job. I did the bike portion of a relay, it was really, really fun. I am thinking I should try the whole thing next year.



I couldn't help but post this picture, this swim suit is too cute!

















My mom and I drinking wine in our fanciest glasses we could find! I am not a real wine person, but I read somewhere about this cheap wine called flip-flop wine and it's pretty good, you should try it if you like wine.





Hitting up the indoor pool, Audrey loved it there until Thursday when she fell while running and skinned up her knee.





Guys turn at the dishes!





Enjoying a little chocolate ice cream.






Grandma had enough sitting inside on a rainy day, she forced Audrey out to stomp in puddles.









Audrey developed some sort of cheesy smile for pictures while on vacation, this is what she does when I tell her to smile:) I hope we can get some decent pictures of her this summer, we are ready for her 3 year pics.





I don't really remember what is going on here, but I know she was watching Tinkerbell.




Finally warm enough to go in the lake. It was absolutely freezing, but I think kids don't even notice.




We loved to walk out on the dock, the nice thing is she could probably still touch bottom at the end of the dock, it's very shallow for a long way out.








Audrey's favorite thing to do on the dock.



We rode our bikes into Nisswa on Friday to get some ice-cream.








Enjoying our ice-cream in the gazebo.





Brent and I kyaking on Friday.









Another one of those cheesy smiles:)






Audrey kept hauling water in her bucket and pouring it into a hole she made in the sand. Kept her busy for a long time.



Audrey's first attempt at fishing, her main goal was to catch a bug.



Thanks Mom and Dad for a great time at the cabin!

4 comments:

Christine Wood said...

That last picture is priceless. Sounds like you packed a lot of fun things into the vacation.

Heidi said...

Looks so nice and relaxing! Glad you are home though!

Les said...

What a fun trip! Great pictures!

Carolyn said...

I'm so glad Audrey enjoyed the water slides! Nothing like conquering a fear. Looks like everyone had fun and kept busy!