Thursday, March 6, 2008

2008 Heart of the Lakes Triathlon

It's training time for the 2008 Heart of the Lakes Triathlon which will be July 20 in Annandale. Brent is all signed up! He is getting out for some runs and we are going to hit up the pool at the Y for some training in the water. He has been riding a lot on his trainer to some videos at the Prescher house, so he is bound to be some tough competition this year. I am bummed I cannot do it this year, but I was so glad I was able to last year, I was in the best shape of my life and I am sure that is a bonus for me now. Who knows, if we are lucky and the timing is right maybe Baby Wood will be able to be cheering from the sidelines.

5 comments:

Christine and Curt said...

hoping to have baby wood on the sidelines too. glad Brent signed up. wasn't sure if you guys did or not.

Heidi said...

We can get Baby W some little running shoes to wear to the race. Are you going swimming at the Y too? Floating in the water is the best feeling when you are preggers!

Shanna said...

Yeah, I told Brent I would go with him because I heard swimming is great activity for pregnant women. I am excited to hit up the pool this weekend at the hotel and float in the water.

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the flashback!!

I don't think Josh ever told Calvin and Jillian that their team name is Moonfish. . . oops.

I too need to hit the pool! It's been awhile! Christine and I signed up for one of the indoor Lifetime tri's this month. It should be good practice for the real deal in July!

Laurie said...

Since pregnancies are divided into trimesters you're doing your own Triathalon of sorts right now!