Sunday, August 29, 2010

Grandma Sonnek

Tomorrow is the funeral for my Grandma Sonnek. She was such a nice lady. I don't ever remember her saying anything bad about anyone and never heard a swear word out of her. She was a tough gal, having five sons, she had to be. Her and my grandpa were married for 64 years. He is missing her soooo much right now. You can feel the love they had for each other. He tears up every time he talks about her. It will be hard day for our family tomorrow as we say goodbye, say prayers for us, it's the first time I have been in charge of a family funeral. I told my Grandma I would do this for her and I am sure I will be fine. We got together and met and she knew exactly what she wanted. I think she would be proud! We love you grandma!

6 comments:

Claire said...

So sorry for your loss Shanna. You have exceptional strength to do what you do.

Mindy said...

I know you will make her proud! How very cool to honor one of her last wishes like that. Good luck to you and your family tomorrow, and especially your grandpa.

marcyw said...

Our thoughts are with you and your family. It's so nice that you can help everyone through this time!

Heidi said...

Thinking about your and your family today...Nikki is right, you are amazing. Your family is lucky to have you and they were lucky to have your Grandma too.

Carolyn said...

Thinking of you and sending all of you strength today. I'm sure your grandma feels special knowing that you are taking care of her!

Les said...

You are a strong person Shanna. I'm proud to be your friend.

So sorry for your loss.