Monday, February 23, 2009

Day's 2 and 3

Whew, being a single dad is no easy task. Saturday night, Audrey thought it would be a good idea to wake up at 1:45 for a snack. In the morning we were invited over to Grandma and Grandpa Sonnek's for breakfast. It was delicious. Audrey and I spent the afternoon playing and we took a nap on the couch. Grandma and Grandpa Wood came over Sunday night with Chipotle for supper. This morning, I was able to get both of us ready and off to daycare and work on time. No easy task. Hopefully I can do it 4 more times this week. Tonight we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Wood's for pizza. Now Audrey is in bed but she has a bad cough. So far she continues to sleep through it. Hopefully she will make it all night. I am very thankful for having all the grandparents so close. It sure helps me out and helps pass some time.
Tomorrow night Audrey is heading over to hang out with Grandma Julie while I bowl and Wednesday G&G Wood are taking Audrey to Steve's Bday party while I go work out. I have a whole new respect for anyone who is a single parent.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I hear ya! It's so nice to have grandparents close by!!

I'm sure you're making Shanna proud, maybe she'll go on vacation more often!

Shanna said...

I am impressed too that you are handling everything, here I am in Mazatlan commenting on the blog, haha. You should blog more often:) I miss you guys!

Mindy said...

I sure wouldn't want to be a single parent, either. Hope Audrey's cough is better. That's no fair for her to get sick when one parent is gone!